Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Introducing Contractions
Two words that are shortened and put together to make one word.
What is a contraction?
The letters that are left out, get replaced by an
But what happens to the other letters when we shorten the two words?
An apostrophe looks like a comma, but is in the air when we write.
But what is an apostrophe?
So what does a contraction actually look like?
we + will = we'll
I + am = I'm
is + not = isn't
you + are = you're
it + is = it's
can + not = can't
It's time to get down!
What are some contractions you hear in the song?
Here are some examples:
Time to test yourself!
Can you change two words into a contraction in these sentences?
The student did not get recess because
he would not listen to the teacher.
The student DIDN'T get recess because
he WOULDN'T listen to the teacher.
The dog can not go home because
it is lost.
The dog CAN'T go home because