Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Hemophilia
Symptoms/Signs of Hemophilia:
Prolonged oozing after injuries, tooth extractions or surgery; renewed bleeding after initial bleeding has stopped; easy or spontaneous bruising; & prolonged bleeding
Prevalance/Frequency Among Human Births:
About 400 people are born with hemophilia each year.
All races can be affected by Hemophilia
This Disorder is a:
People were affected (not named or studied thing at the time):
2nd Century A.D. & this was by the Jews.
Found on Chromosome:
1803, Dr. John Conrad Otto studied and discovered this genetic disorder.
Treatment Options for Hemophilia:
Many involve slow injection of a medicine called Demopressin into the veins, this helps release more clotting to stop the bleeding. People may need to have infusions of clotting factor, physical therapy for people that have damaged joints from the bleeding.