Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
How does Soil pH affect Plant growth?
Transcript of How does Soil pH affect Plant growth?
Significance of the Research
If soil pH is too high (alkaline) or too low (acidic) it will affect plant growth in a negative way because plants will not grow as well.
Geiny's Data Analysis
The Materials that we used include:
Calcium carbonate or lime solution (pH 9)
Nitric acid solution (pH 5)
Distilled water (pH 7)
Shelf with Fluorescent Lamps
Bub's Data Analysis
1. Clean pots and place soil
2. Plant the seeds
3. Ensure plants receive solution at the proper pH daily
4. Make sure the plants get enough fluorescent light/sunlight
5. Measure the plant with a ruler
6. Record the results of the plant growth
How does soil pH affect plant growth?
By: Bubs Wright & Geiny Bueno
This research is important because it is about soil pH and how soil pH affects plant growth. Plants are very important to us.
Independent Variable: Soil pH
Dependent Variable: Plant growth
Control Variable: Amount of solution and sunlight
pH means potential hydrogen.
Soil pH is important because it affects plant growth.
Soil pH is the concentration of hydrogen ions soil.
Plants are important because we all need plants in order to maintain our everyday lives.
Soil pH affects plant roots
Soil pH affects nutrient availability
Soil pH can influence plant growth
What affects soil pH?
All Nasturtium plants grew.
The plants grown in the basic soil grew the most growing 3.9 cm.
All Kentucky Pole Bean grew.
The plants grown in the neutral soil grew the most growing 1.3 cm taller than the other two groups.
The Nasturtium plants grown in basic soil grew the least, growing only 8.5 cm.
Nasturtium Plants grown in the acidic and neutral soils grew the most, growing 9.5 cm each.
The bean plants grown in basic soil grew the least growing only 8.3 cm.
The Bean plants grown in acidic soil grew the most growing 47 cm.
Possible errors included:
The amount of water and light plant received during the weekends
Used a shallow plant pot to grow the plants and weren't able to use as much soil.
Questions for future research:
1. How does soil pH affect sunflower growth?
2. What is the effect of temperature on plant growth?
3. What is the effect of soil pH on rose growth?
The experiment was conducted for 14 days.
We calculated the growth of each plant by subtracting the measurement of day 1 from the measurement at day 14.
We found the average growth at each pH level by adding the height of each plant and then diving the total by 14.