Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Fourth Crusade Timeline
Transcript of Fourth Crusade Timeline
Soldiers were sent out
to recapture Jerusalem.
Swords, armor, and food
Soldiers can not afford
to pay the Venetians for the ships
they needed. They made an agreement
that if the soldiers got the ships, they would conquer Zara for the Venetians.
The Route of the
November 10, 1202
After 5 days of fighting, the 33,500 men
consisting of crusaders and Venetians,
won in Zara and took it over.
Crusaders and Venetians arrive in
Zara led by Doge Dandolo.
November 24, 1202
Soldiers leave Zara
July 17, 1203
The 4th Crusade gets distracted
from their mission to get Jerusalem.
They attack Constantinople on this day
instead of going to Jerusalem.
Alexius IV took power in
Constantinople after the
4th Crusade Summary
The plan to get Jerusalem never happened for the 4th Crusade. They did take over Zara for the Venetians and took over Constantinople but never went to Jerusalem which was the goal. They never fought the infidels in this crusade and did not recapture Jerusalem.