Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Stop Motion Animation
Transcript of Stop Motion Animation
What is Stop Motion
-Stop motion animation has been around for a long time, almost as long as traditional film-making.
-Originally, stop motion involved animating objects which included the movement of any "non-drawn" objects such as toys, blocks or any rigid inanimate object.
Evolution of Stop Motion
-Early on, animators started experimenting with clay and puppets to use in their animations.
-Some early examples of stop motion films and techniques can be seen in the "The Humpty Dumpty Circus" (1898) and in "Fun in a Bakery Shop" (1902). In 1912 one of the first clay animation movies using stop motion was released to great critical acclaim.
-Ever since the early 20th century, stop-motion is rarely used. Children's TV shows/movies were the most popular uses of stop motion as seen in Gumby.
-With the development of digital 3D animation, animating a 3D character in a film has become much easier and faster, which is favored by the industry. 3D animation allows unreal characters to seem to be alive.
Stop Motion in the
How to make a Stop Motion Video
1. Have an idea!
2. Create a storyboard for your idea
3. Create your series of photograph stills for each small movement or change in your story
(remember about 10 individual pictures is 1 second)
4. Upload your photos in Movie Maker and start arranging them into the correct order
5. Adjust picture length accordingly
6. Add appropriate music to enhance emotion or intent.
What is a
A sequence of drawings, typically with some directions and dialogue, representing the shots planned for a movie or television production.
Part 1- With a partner, create a Mini-Movie experimenting with stop motion techniques.
Part 2- Create a full-length movie that is
1 minute in length.
~Your video can have any story line you want! Think outside of the box to create a unique and one-of-a-kind stop motion video!