Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
CEP 801A Prezitation
Transcript of CEP 801A Prezitation
2. Distinguish between reactive and proactive approaches to problem solving.
3. Balance the potential value of interpersonal problem solving in terms of improved outcomes with the possible costs of time and personnel resources.
4. Analyze whether any specific professional problems you or your colleagues face are likely to be resolved through interpersonal problem solving.
5. State and carry out the steps in a systematic interpersonal problem-solving sequence with colleagues, other professionals, and parents or family members, using appropriate strategies to facilitate the process.
6. Identify context factors that may affect the effectiveness of group problem solving. Definition “Interpersonal problem solving is perhaps the most fundamental component of successful interactions. It is virtually impossible to collaborate without systematically and effectively employing an interpersonal problem solving process.” Motivation!!! "Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do." -Coach John Wooden Objectives
Closing Henry Ford Once Said... “Coming together is a beginning, keeping together is a process, working together is success.” - Henry Ford Model Objectives Agenda TEAMWORK "If two men on the same job agree all the time, then one is useless. If they disagree all the time, both are useless." -Darryl F. Zanuck What experiences have you had with interpersonal problem solving? Problem Solving Proactive Reactive 3 Types of Problem Solving You are faced with responding to a crisis or dilemma that requires attention and action in a relatively brief time frame. An event that focuses your attention on a matter to be resolved.
Example: The interaction you have with a parent concerning an incident in the classroom. An anticipated situation focuses your attention and triggers the problem-solving process before a crisis occurs.
Example: Creating a school wide PBS system before the start of the school year. Technical
(RTI) Typically has a prescribed set of solutions so aspects of the general problem solving process may not apply.
For example: With RTI, the utilized data is pre-determined (AimsWeb) also, the available solutions are specified by school. With General Problem Solving the data that is used depends on the problem being addressed as well as the available solutions. Putting Problem Solving Pieces Together
Things to remember:
Serious or not serious
Still follow the steps
Use your knowledge to guide the process
Collaboration isn’t always easy, but problem-solving relies on it
Everyone should be involved
Be aware of fake problem solving Dale and Brennan have a problem. Their room does not grant them sufficient space for activities.
Do they utilize any of the problem solving steps the book talks about?
If so, which ones?
If not, which could they have used? How might this have helped?
Share in groups then share out. Experiences Questions? https://docs.google.com/a/msu.edu/document/d/1l5svRD30PoZDQH-K4vUPdaMSUdG6vs3V1KqPYYCyNPc/edit “One way to be sure that you have the information necessary to make such decisions is to use technology throughout problem solving, the topic of E-Partnerships, so that you have documentation of what has been accomplished that can be shared by team members to inform their next steps.” (page 115) Henry would probably appreciate this tip sheet... Please fill out our survey on ANGEL. We hope our presentation wasn't a CATastrophe...