Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Beauty of Our Body
Transcript of The Beauty of Our Body
M.A. Community Health Education
FCPI A.bit.about.me. The Beauty of
Our Body Butterfly effect If its not broke, don't fix it Natural Family Planning What happens when the Natural Law is tampered with?
In regards to relationships and marriage, how would you say it has changed throughout the years? What issues, specifically in regards to marriage and babies are often discussed?
D the.cross. Sex= When conception begins... sperm. meets.egg =
Unique human formed
DNA + Procreative unitive Four Prophesies Pope Paul VI made if contraception became widespread:
1. Infidelity and Moral Decline
2. Lost Respect for Women
3. Abuse of Power
4. Unlimited Dominion * We are made in the image and likeness of God.
* God sent his son as a BABY...as human, flesh and bone
* Our human bodies are sacred as this reality intricately connects us to God.
*We serve as co-creators!
*Our bodies are both physical and spiritual- these are interconnected!
*This is why Satan hates us, we remind him of Jesus...his goal is to diminish Jesus's followers, ex: same sex marriage,contraception, has convinced us our fertility is shameful Satan HATES
babies...why? "The reason is that the fundamental nature of the marriage act, while uniting husband and wife in the closest intimacy, also renders them capable of generating new life—and this as a result of laws written into the actual nature of man and of woman. And if each of these essential qualities, the unitive and the procreative, is preserved, the use of marriage fully retains its sense of true mutual love and its ordination to the supreme responsibility of parenthood to which man is called. " (HV, par 12) Dr. Hilgers responded to Pope Paul VI's call in HV. " To Scientists
24. Our next appeal is to men of science. These can "considerably advance the welfare of marriage and the family and also peace of conscience, if by pooling their efforts they strive to elucidate more thoroughly the conditions favorable to a proper regulation of births." (28) It is supremely desirable, and this was also the mind of Pius XII, that medical science should by the study of natural rhythms succeed in determining a sufficiently secure basis for the chaste limitation of offspring. (29) In this way scientists, especially those who are Catholics, will by their research establish the truth of the Church's claim that "there can be no contradiction between two divine laws—that which governs the transmitting of life and that which governs the fostering of married love." (30) 1 Corinthians 7: 4-6
4 The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife. 5 Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. God created us MALE and FEMALE. The Natural Law(s of attraction)
What happens when this "law" is tampered with?
The Beauty of Our Body
Natural Solutions my "fiat"... A NATURAL approach to your fertility:
Creighton Model FertilityCare System
Important to understand and know NOW :)
Why? Helps understand cycle irregularities...
Hormonal Contraception is not necessary
For the future:
When married and planning families
Natural, safe & 99.5% effective The Natural Law(s of attraction) Pheromones: An odorless molecule that attracts various species to one another. Attraction is meant to enhance the animal kingdom by allowing for strong/intelligent individuals to be attracted to one another.
T-shirt study... aqua life "organic diet" cancer rates lowered sex drive, increased depression headaches, blood clots The World operates in cycles The Lord's intention
for his creation.
in the Lord's Eternal
Law. Intrinsically evil acts will
ALWAYS have bad consequences
as it violates the dignity of
the human person. unbreakable connection We are CO-CREATORS with God! Only species on Earth that work with God to create a soul. As Janet Smith says, "When a man and woman have a child together, it's an act that changes the cosmos: something has come into existence that will never pass out of existence; each soul is immortal and is destined for immortal life."
In sex, we allow God an opportunity to perform His creative act. Contraception says "no" to God. decreased ability to choose mate (reason for high divorce rate?--just a theory..) *HV states that marital sexual love flourishes only when a couple respects its PROCREATIVE and UNITIVE meaning, only when sexual act is open to life.
-In study, women whose pheromone communication was not blocked by hormonal contraception were able to make a better choice in a genetically sound mate. In Sum:
1) God created us as CO-CREATORS! Such beauty in this reality!
2) God's plan for each of our natural bodies should not be disrupted..butterfly effect!
3) Pope Paul VI spoke prophetically about how contraception would affect society--he was right!
4) Satan works "to the bone" to keep us from creating new life. Convinces women that we are just an instrument for pleasure.
5) Sex is both unitive and procreative
6) Your body is NOT broken, fertility is a gift! Ways to show love:
E Did I not tell you that I'm not like that
Girl, the one who throws it all away?
Did you think that I was gonna give it up to you, this time?
Did you think that it was somethin' I was gonna do, and cry?
Don't try to tell me what to do
Don't try to tell me what to say
You're better off that way Guys and Girls:
*Your body isn't "a thing" to "give."
*Our bodies serve as the tabernacle of the HOLY SPIRIT...literally!!
*We are all intricately created...body AND soul.
* These are interconnected, when one disrespects the body, the soul will be disrespected.
*Creepo (Satan) takes a good thing (sex) and twists it...its because he KNOWs how much this can build the kindgom of God...he wants to destroy and confuse, because healthy sex and marriages and babies are weapons against him (scripture too!) he wants women to give themselves to men and men to give themselves prematurely so that the eternal soul, the change of cosmos, will also be eternally affected.
*Forgiveness is a powerful thing..Satan hates this too..
(born again virginity)
*When we understand WHAT our bodies are and God's intention for it, the body is MUCH harder to "give away" outside of marriage. Name that Song! Works in one of three ways... Some examples of acts/practices
that hinder procreative and unitive nature of Sex? Why? iusenfp.com