Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
A Thousand Splendid Suns -Theme
Transcript of A Thousand Splendid Suns -Theme
Laila and Tariq
Laila and Aziza
-Laila marries Rasheed
-The visits to the orphanage
Laila and her parents
-Laila staying in to Kabul
Laila and Mariam
- Mariam has Rasheed Loss of Innocence Experience with death
Married at a young age
Abused What are the themes? There are many themes explored through the book 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' by Khaled Hosseini. We will be discussing what we think the predominant ones are during our presentation. GUILT We are first introduced to the theme of guilt in the first chapters with Miriam:
-Her mother blames her for almost everything, and her father for the rest.
-She feels as if it is her fault that her mother hangs herself.
-She feels like a burden and a waste to her father.
Then we have the guilt brought in her later life:
-How she can’t have children
-How she has failed as mother and a wife.
With Leila we have guilt that is almost identical to some of Miriam’s:
- She feels like she has failed being a good child to her mother.
- She feels like she’ll never amount to the same as her brothers. Reputation Rasheed
-Laila and Rasheed's 'reputation'
-How he treated Miriam
-His attitude (Male/Female) DISCRIMINATION AGAINST WOMEN Man has complete control
Women were to blame for everything
"slaves" A Thousand splendId Suns THEME By: Jessica, Karla, Daisy & Lea "When a child sees the world like an adult, naivety is lost and reality opens up their eyes." Loyalty Poem Analysis Kabul is a woman to express beauty
“evil eye of man.” war
home and country can blind you of truths
history with violence
Miriam is like the city