Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Fiction
Aim: Today we are going to examine setting.
When writers create a setting what techniques do they use?
Choose a setting from a novel or extract that you found memorable.
Describe the setting so the reader can see, hear, smell, touch and taste the surroundings.
Choose a setting you remember and describe it in a paragraph 10 -15 lines.
You must use the five senses
You must use adjectives.
What is setting?
Do you recognise any of the settings below?
What is your favourite setting from a novel you have read?
Or a film you have watched?
Write beautifully, artistically, bring the world to life.
Adjectives are key!
To get started, watch the clip below, and think of an adjective you could use to describe the different settings shown
Objective: By the end of class you will be able to
a setting in a piece of fiction and describe a setting of your own creation.
Is where the story will take place.
The world the characters live in.
What made the setting real or believable?
How did it capture your attention?
Can you describe the settings?