Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
How did basketball come to be?
Transcript of How did basketball come to be?
Who was the guy?
His name was James Naismith.
How did he think of this?
Naismith wanted a game he could play indoors in the winter. So he set up two peach baskets on earthier side of the gym and passed around a soccer ball.
Its Golden Age
Professional basketball was very hard to establish. Pro basketball wasn't really anything until 1946. It wasn't until later when it had its golden age in 1960's and 1970's when the Boston Celtics won 11 out of 13 NBA titles. Today it is still a very high favored sport.
The first metal hoop was was founded in 1893 and the soccer ball was replaced with the Basketball.