Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Kate Chopin
BORN FEBRUARY 8TH, 1850
HER FATHER DIED WHEN SHE WAS 5 YEARS OLD
PARENTS SENT HER TO THE ACADEMY OF SACRED HEART
HAD WOMEN AS A INFLUENCE
AFTER RETURNING FROM SACRED HEART HER FATHER DIED AND HER GRANDMOTHER TAUGHT HER
WROTE ABOUT WOMEN AND THEIR FEELINGS
SHE ALSO WROTE STORIES THE WAY SHE SAW LIFE ITSELF
SHE WAS A DIVERSE WRITER
HER WRITING SYMBOLIZED THE POWER OF WOMEN
"And moreover to succeed, the artist must possess the courageous soul...the brave soul. The soul that dares and defies."
"There are some people who leave impressions not so lasting as the imprint of an oar upon the water."
"The voice of the sea speaks to the soul. The touch of the sea is sensuous, and folding the body in its soft, close embrace."
The story Desiree's Baby was an article published in Vogue magazine
Kate had no siblings that lived over the age of 25
Her book The Awakening was adapted into a movie in 1999