Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Moving Forward or Moving Backwards
Transcript of Moving Forward or Moving Backwards
By Rose Mascarenhas
What is a past experience where we have learned something with some significance?
How We Learn
Past Experiences for Me (Rose Mascarenhas
What is the worst experience for you?
- list one situation
- then list two negatives and one positive
Lone Survivor (Marcus Luttrell)
Here, I had a traumatic experience getting bitten by a wasp -> lead to be afraid of wasps but also showed me that having a terrible allergic reaction is OK and I can survive it
“I think my mother’s English almost had an effect on limiting my possibilities in life as well” (365).
But did they really?
“Because I came through it, and I have my memories, and I wouldn’t have traded any of it, not for the whole work. I’m a United States Navy SEAL” (380)
To heal from these injuries is what sets Marcus Luttrell free
Although in the moment or when we reflect on our past experiences we think they set us back, in the end they set us free