Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Effect of World War I on American Society and Economy
Transcript of Effect of World War I on American Society and Economy
The war made it possible for America to be the leading world power.
America became the industrial hub around the world.
Industry production went down when the soldiers came home.
There were not enough jobs for the returning soldiers.
Women obtained the right to vote
African Americans and women gained the right to work a variety of jobs
As industry boomed, the economy boomed.
More previously unemployed people held jobs, and the finances of the public, which had been poor since the recession of 1897, improved.
America Joins alliance with Great Britain and France
The unemployment rates played a part in bringing the Great Depression.
Americas haste to join war caused many soldiers to die.
Soldiers returning home after the war.
Women working in the factories during WWI.