Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Matisse- Drawing with Scissors (geometric/organic/positive/negative shape)
Transcript of Matisse- Drawing with Scissors (geometric/organic/positive/negative shape)
What do lines turn into when
a flat space that is defined by
Sometimes the line is imaginary.
Geometric Shapes are exact and regular. They are often used in math and are rarely seen in nature.
Circles, triangles, squares, and rectangles are geometric shapes.
Organic shapes are irregular and uneven. They are frequently found in nature and do not have specific names.
by Henri Matisse
Drawing with scissors
You and a partner will investigate the art room for shapes we just learned.
One side of your sheet is geometric.
One side of your sheet is organic.
Look around the room, find shapes, draw, and write WHERE you found them.
like the sun
like the ocean
1. Pick a warm or cool color for background
2. 1st layer is going to be GEOMETRIC shapes
3. Draw GEOMETRIC shapes first and then cut
(use big and small shapes)
shapes first, then glue.
HOT TIP: Make some funky, interesting shapes!
shapes do you see?
1. Continue working on making
BIG and SMALL geometric shapes.
2. Arrange shapes
3. GLUE DOWN
4. Put on drying rack.