Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of HIV
Presented by: Aleisha Brown, Carla Paul, Coreen Esau and Meghan Calderwood
What is HIV?
Life Cycle of HIV in Host Cell
Species: Human Immunodeficiency Virus
Phases of HIV
Two ways to be diagnosed with AIDS
Weakened Immune System
Increased Health Care Costs
Invasive Cervical Cancer
and MANY more!
Antiretroviral Therapy (ART)
Allow those with HIV/Aids to live longer and healthier lives
Unfortunately 80% of new strains are due to the use of ART
Categories of ART
1. Non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTIs)
2. Nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs).
3. Protease inhibitors (PIs).
4. Entry or fusion inhibitors.
5. Integrase inhibitor
Often 3 different therapies are chosen from 2 categories in order to attempt to reduce the number of new, single drug resistant, strains
INTERNATIONAL AIDS SOCIETY
CD4 count >200mm3
1. Rapid Tests
3. Low levels of viral particles
4. Varying symptoms
5. HIV hides in the host cell