Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of television
The history of television
The television was a creation that was only possible with the collaboration of a lot of scientists and physicists.
The first ever televisions were literally pieces of furniture, the screen was really small and the images were with a very low quality and in black and white.
Nowadays the televisions are completely different. We have access to televisions with huge screens, the image is now more clear and it has colour.
The TV is...
Television is a widely used telecommunication system for broadcasting and receiving moving pictures and sound over a distance. A television system may be made up of multiple components. The TV received signals broadcast by internal tuner. A television may be built to receive different broadcast or video formats, such as high-definition television (HDTV).
The TV's evolution
was the first television. The idea of this television was possible because of Alexander Bain in 1843.
was invented by J. J. Thomson, Ferdinand Braun, Boris Rosing and a few more scientists and physicists.
was invented by Maurice Le Blanc in 1880.
was created in the mid-1980s.
is an idea based and fundamented on digital television.
was invented by John Logie Baird.
is a type of television broadcasting in which the television signal is transmitted by radio waves to the TV receiver from a terrestrial transmitter, a television station, and received with an antenna. Its development is different depending the country.
is a system of broadcasting television programming to paying subscribers via radio frequency (RF).
is a system of supplying television programming using broadcast signals relayed from communication satellites.
is the digital distribution of television content via the Internet.
The impact of television on society
• It is a source of culture and information;
• It makes company to a lot of people, mainly to the elderly.
• Once it is no more used it can cause emission of polluting gases
• Increases the consumption of electricity.
• Advertising takes us to buy things we don’t need;
• If people spend their time watching TV, they don’t have time to spend their money, for example, on shopping.
• Is an addiction;
• People socialize less;
• People use TV as an escape to their problems;
• People spend to much time watching TV which takes them to become more sedentary.
• It influences many people to buy things they don’t need, to take aggressive actions and to change the way they are just because of what they see on TV.
We have a huge variety of programmes.
It can suit everyones’ likes such as a fictional programme like movies and series or non-fictional programmes like documentaries and news.
There’s channels who broadcast a lot of different programmes and there’s also channels who focus more on some specific type of programmes.
For example VH1 broadcasts music and videoclips, AXN White broadcasts series and movies. On the other hand there’s for example SIC that broadcasts news, movies, documentaries, cartoons.
Work done by:
Adriana Oliveira nº1
Helena Ribeiro nº15
Ricardo Amaral nº 28
When advertising is on what do you do?
You Keep watching
You turn off TV
You start watching another programme