Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Bureaucracy in Education
Transcript of Bureaucracy in Education
What does bureaucracy mean?
"An authoritative structure based on rationality" (Hanson, p. 15)
"Control human activity to the point of high predictability and maximum efficiency" (Hanson, p. 15)
Control and Uniformity within Educational Organization
Why do people obey?
Types of Authority:
Sanctity of Tradition
Unit of analysis (work)
Most efficient means
Procedure & rules
Rewards & punishment
Bureaucratization of Education
Decreased number of districts
Increase in student population
Decrease number of elementary and public schools
Increase per student expenditures
Increase local funding
Decrease ability to change
Ineffectiveness of rules
Conformity to rules/inability to adapt
Do Organization and Administration Make a Difference?
Purpose is to create a routine response system.
Look at your cartoon. Give a brief description of how it represents bureaucracy. Provide an example of bureaucracy in your own life.
Examples of Organizational