Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Cad Cam
CAD: COMPUTER-AIDED DESIGN
CAM: COMPUTER-AIDED MANUFACTURING
1. Higher Productivity.
2. Reduced Design Time.
3. More Accurate Designs.
Pros of CAD CAM
1. Computer technology is expensive to buy and to keep going.
2. Using computer technology requires a lot of training and experience.
3. There is a lack of opportunity to experiment with real materials.
4. It is easy to lose data if files are not regularly ‘backed up’.
Cons of CAD CAM
1. Industrial robots.
2. Textiles designs are stored electronically to ease repeat printing orders.
3. Processes such as colour matching, dye weighing and fabric printing can be automated.
Examples of CAM out side of school
Examples of CAD in school
2. 2D Design
3. Space Claim
Out of school
1.Landscape CAD software is used by landscape designers.
2. Architectural CAD software is used by architects and builders.
1. Laser cutter