Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Shakespeare
Romeo and Juliet
Where: Verona and Mantua
The Montagues and Capulets
were in a bitter feud.
Son of the Montagues
Daughter of the Capulets
Romeo & Juliet could not profess their love for each other openly...this leads to a tragic end.
Lord & Lady Capulet,
Lord & Lady Montague,
Friar Lawrence, Mercutio, Benvolio, Tybalt, Count Paris, The Nurse, Prince Escalus, Balthasar, Peter.
Romeo and Juliet fell in love, but...
O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?
Deny thy father and refuse thy name;
Or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love
And I'll no longer be a Capulet.
Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?
1. One who opposes and contends against another; an adversary.
2. The principal character in opposition to the protagonist or hero of a narrative or drama.
1. The main character: the most important character in a novel, play, story, or other literary work.
Romeo & Juliet, Shakespeare:
Analyze the author’s purpose in providing an explanation, describing a procedure, or discussing an experiment in a text, defining the question the author seeks to address.
Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including vocabulary describing political, social, or economic aspects of history/social science.
Create a presentation,poster or short video to answer the following question.
What really caused the tragedy of Romeo and Juliet? Was it fate or real human errors?
Due date: August 12, 2013
Common Core Standards
English Language Arts
Determine the central ideas or conclusions of a text; trace the text’s explanation or depiction of a complex process, phenomenon, or concept; provide an accurate summary of the text.
Determine the meaning of symbols, key terms, and other domain-specific words and phrases as they are used in a specific scientific or technical context relevant to grades 9–10 texts and topics.
Love, Hate, Passion,
1. Tragic Drama 2. Location 3. Families - Antagonists 4.Romeo & Juliet - Protagonists 5. Storyline 6. Theme(s) 7. Main Characters 8. Synopsis/Video 9. Homework 10. Standards 11. Resources
A drama based on the suffering of people.