Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Art of Personal Branding
Transcript of The Art of Personal Branding
The Art of Personal Branding
What is having a personal brand?
1. Find your voice
Discover your story
Write your story
Share your story
2. Choose the right platforms
So, who am I?
Your brand is the sum of what others say about you.
Forget the dollar signs
Voice vs. Tone
Voice: Your brand personality described in an adjective.
Tone: A subset of your brand’s voice. Tone adds specific flavor to your voice based on factors like audience, situation, and channel.
Voice is a mission statement. Tone is the application of that mission.
Importance of Brand Voice
You cultivate a voice that delights your customers.
Delighted customers talk positively about your brand, essentially creating new content.
This content reaches other customers and prospective customers, delivering your brand’s message for you.
Translating Voice to Tone
Content type: Tweets
Reader: Potential customers, marketing professionals
Reader feelings: Eager and engaged to find interesting content and information
Your tone should be: Helpful, informative, clear, approachable
Write like this: “Did You Know: The 8-hour workday was invented to help people work less? We have the story here.”
Tips: Use lots of questions. Avoid sounding authoritative. Invite others to learn and discover.
1. Culture: What does your company stand for? What makes you stand out from all the others who are after the same audience? Your unique qualities make your culture special, and these should be a pillar of developing your voice.
2. Community: Listening can reveal how your community speaks and can help you speak easier with them and to them. You can use their language and meet them on their terms.
Faces of 5F
The only reason I’ve ever needed to design stuff is right here, in this picture. When we start making gurl stuff I’ll make a womens version of “The Home Run”.
(Note to self: Call it “Babes Ruth” and send her one, for free)
(Note to self 2: Hurry the fuck up with that womens collection)
3 C's of Brand Voice
3. Conversation: Personality and authenticity are key here. What do you want to add to the conversation? As you think about what you can offer, you’ll start to see a better picture of where your voice might fit