Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Developing Meanings for the Operations: Addition & Subtraction
Transcript of Developing Meanings for the Operations: Addition & Subtraction
for the Operations Addition and subtraction are
Addition names the whole in terms of the parts.
Subtraction names a missing part multiplication involves counting groups of like size and determining how many are in all multiplication and division are related
division names a missing factor models can be used to solve contextual problems for all operations and to figure out what operation is involved regardless of the size of numbers
models can also be used to give meaning to number sentences Content Connections number development
whole-number place value & computation
fraction & decimal computation Join Problems Separate Problems Part-Part-Whole Compare Problems 4 Problem Structures need 3 quantities:
1. initial or starting amount
2. a change amount
3. resulting amount the initial amount is the whole number or the largest amount involves 2 parts that are combined into one whole part involve comparing 2 quantities, the third amount is the difference between the 2 amounts.