Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Healthy and Active Living (GYM CPT by Katelyn, Bethany, Neala)
Transcript of Healthy and Active Living (GYM CPT by Katelyn, Bethany, Neala)
Let's explore some more...
Why is Body Composition Important?
Some Problems Could Be...
Some form of cancer
High cholesterol levels
High blood pressure
Type 2 Diabetes
Increased risk of cardiac problems
Benefits of a Healthy Body Composition
Increase energy and endurance
Improved mood and self-confidence
Reduced risk of heart disease and stroke
Reduced risk of Diabetes
Improved lung function
Improves your overall general health
Improves your whole quality of life for the better
Carrying too much excess body fat in comparison to your lean muscle mass, may lead to very serious problems.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO BE PHYSICALLY FIT???
REDUCE THE RISK OF ARTHRITIS AND DIABETES
STRONGER IMMUNE SYSTEM
-a measure of the range of motion around a joint or joints
-length in muscles that cross the joints
-Quality of life is enhanced by improving and maintaining a good range of motion in the joints
-flexibility is one of the first things to go when you get older and age
-have to constantly stretch in order to maintain flexibility
REDUCE STRESS LEVELS
MORE COMFORT WITH YOUR BODY
But keep in mind..
You don't have to be flexible to be healthy.. there are many ways to do so. If you keep stretching and exercising your muscles on a regular basis then I guarantee you will become more fit physically and mentally, and will increase in your level of flexibility
YEAH.. YEAH.. BUT HOW CAN I ACTUALLY BENEFIT???
1. Prevent everyday injuries.
3. Develop muscles to be stronger and longer
4. Make daily routines, errands, or times with family easier to cope with (fewer injuries)
5. Granted with openness, confidence, relaxation, and positivity
6. Speaking of positivity... Your body will automatically begin to spread 'life force' within your cells to enlighten spirit
7. Cardio and other exercises/ activities will become easier
The amount of healthy fat, bone,and muscle in your body. Usually described in the ratio lean mass:fatty mass.
HEALTHY BODY FAT PERCENTAGES
The ability for your heart, lungs, and organs to transport and deliver oxygenated-blood to your currently active muscle tissues (during any physical activity)
Female: Over 32%
Male: Over 25%
LESS THAN 14% FOR FEMALES
LESS THAN 6% FOR MALES
What's so Good About Cardiovascular Fitness?
Strengthens heart and blood vessels
Decreases body fat
Decreases stress and anxiety
Improves the immune system
Helps protect against heart disease
2. Improve Posture
8. Travel easier being comfortable in a variety of positions as well as making do with confined spaces
Do aerobics exercises for 30 minutes, at least 3 times a week. This helps you with breathing and gets your oxygen to flow easily.
How Can I Gain Optimum Cardiovascular Fitness?
Cardio exercise can also be done at
the pool, gym, park or even in
Ex. biking, jogging, swmming,
Did you know...
is the #1 killer in the world!
HOW CAN I MAINTAIN A HEALTHY BODY COMPOSITION?
By: Neala, Bethany, and Katelyn
WHAT IS BODY COMPOSITION?
MAKE REALISTIC FITNESS GOALS
-maximal oxygen consumption
-only way to avoid cardiovascular disease is through cardiovascular fitness
-no symptons or signs to show that you have a cardiovascular problem
Follow the Canadian Food Guide and eat healthy meals
Restrict yourself from junk food and other high-cholesterol foods
Supplement yourself with healthy vitamins and minerals
Always keep yourself hydrated
Exercise at least three hours a week
Commit and accomplish your goal
How About Flexibility?
Get your popcorn ready!
Put your 3-D glasses on!
Sit back, relax, and enjoy this short clip!