Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of In-Betweenity
Worthy v. unworthy lives
Who's worthy of life?
Deficiency Model v. Deaf Gain (Common Sense Ableism)
Creating bodies we can inhabit or creating a world we can all inhabit?
Deaf and Nondeaf
Deaf v. Nondeaf
Range of Identities among Deaf People
Hard of Hearing
A Note on Terminology: hearing impaired or hearing loss = deficiency model
Deaf* and queer
Privacy and the Coming Out Process
Absence of DeafQueer Peers and Mentors
Health care ramifications
Effective Communication – For most Deaf individuals, English is like a second language.
Qualified Interpreters – Medical situations and terminology can be intimidating.
Confidentiality – Patient information will NOT be shared. (HIPAA)
"Qualified Interpreters"- Who Decides?
For more on medical interpreting: email@example.com
For more on bioethics, Deaf culture, Deaf Experiences, and Disability Justice: firstname.lastname@example.org