Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Labor Movement
Transcript of The Labor Movement
Donghun Kang II. CHANGING INDUSTRY A. Transportation System B. New Inventions D. Factory System
and the Division
of Labor E. Work Culture C. Tariffs III. GROWING SOCIAL DIVISIONS B. MIDDLE CLASS C. Lower CLASS i. Wageworkers ii. Life sucks! IV. LABOR IDEOLOGY v. labor movement VI. RESPONSE TO THE LABOR MOVEMENT VII. the LABOR MOVEMENT DIES OFF... FOR NOW VIII. CONCLUSION A. Artisan Republicanism B. The Labor Theory of Value a. FORMING UNIONS B. WORKING MEN's PARTIES C. Women's movements B. Court Decisions C. Employer Action A. Panic of 1837 B. Unions fall apart C. However... i. Commonwealth v. Hunt A. Upper CLASS I. INTRODUCTION Labor Movement i. Workers A. Different
perspectives ii. Employers ii. President Van Buren - executive order 1840 F. Urbanization 1. James , Henretta , Brody David, and Dumenil Lynn. America's History . Sixth ed. Boston: Bedford/St. Martin's, 2008. Print.
2. "Commonwealth v. Hunt (law case) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia."Britannica Online Encyclopedia. N.p., n.d. Web. 6 Nov. 2012. <http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/128964/Commonwealth-v-Hunt>.
3. "American Labor Movement." United States American History. N.p., n.d. Web. 6 Nov. 2012. <http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h1678.html>.
4. "Labor Movement — History.com Articles, Video, Pictures and Facts." History.com — History Made Every Day — American & World History. N.p., n.d. Web. 6 Nov. 2012. <http://www.history.com/topics/labor>.
5. Friedman , Gerald. "Labor Unions in the United States | Economic History Services." EH.Net | Economic History Services. N.p., 1 Feb. 2010. Web. 6 Nov. 2012. <http://eh.net/encyclopedia/article/friedman.unions.us>.
6. "Brief History of American Labor -- Mirror Site of UnionWeb History -- Originally from the American Federationist."University at Albany - SUNY - Home Page. N.p., n.d. Web. 6 Nov. 2012. <http://www.albany.edu/history/history316/LaborMovementHistory1.html>. BIBLIOGRAPHY You'll never find me Dominic - Donghun <3