Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Allusion to Fairy Tales
Transcript of Allusion to Fairy Tales
Definition of Fairy Tales:
a story, usually for children, about elves, goblins, dragons, fairies, or other magical creatures.
Lilo&Stitch alludes to The Ugly Duckling.
Allusions (Video Game)
Allusions (Literary Works)
-“I was surprised his nose was not growing like Pinocchio’s.”
- "The emperor has no clothes."
-"Pay the piper."
1. Why do writers use allusions?
2. Why do writers use fairy tales as allusions?
3. What is the name of the fairy tale that Jane Eyre alludes to?
"It was too late, for we had both wandered too far into a net of expectations and had left no crumbs behind. "
From The Scarlet Ibis, alluding to Hansel and Gretel.
I lingered in the long passage to which this led ... with only one little window at the far end, and looking, with its two rows of small black doors all shut, like a corridor in some Bluebeard's castle
Allusions (Medical Syndromes)
1. Alice in Wonderland Syndrome
2. Rapunzel Syndrome
3. Cinderella Syndrome
4. Cinderella Complex
5. Emperor's Clothes Syndrome
6. Ugly Duckling Syndrome
A 3D resin figure by Mighty Jaxx and a French artist, GOIN.
They have a fan club called Beauty...