Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Find the slope of the line in the graph below
Transcript of Find the slope of the line in the graph below
Step 2) Calculate the rise and run
How to graph given slope-intercept form.
How steep a straight line is.
Graphing using a graphing calculator.
Slope & Slope-Intercept Form
by: A'Quindres Jones & Tyriq Andrews
Step 1) Plot and label 2 points on the line, anywhere on the line. Remember that the slope of a line never changes, so you can choose whatever 2 points you want and you will always get the same slope.
Step 3) Use the slope formula . The slope is 2/4, which , of course, you can simplifty to ½.
. Label x1, y1, x2, y2:
2. Plug the numbers into the formula:
Slope is 1/2.
How to find slope using formula:
How to find slope given two points:
It crosses the y-axis at 4
2: the slope is -3 / 5 so we
How to write an equation in slope-intercept form given a graph
In this example the slope is 3/5 = 0.6
the equation of a straight line in the form y = mx + b where m is the slope of the line and b is its y-intercept.