Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
GS 197: Vice Ganda and Popular Culture
Transcript of GS 197: Vice Ganda and Popular Culture
behavior as expected by greater society WHAT SHOULD BE? being effeminate not to be taken seriously expected to "make fun" of himself play a subordinate role be promiscuous SPACES OF FLAMBOYANT GAYS comedy bars
showbiz news meets societal expectations of him makes fun of his "ugliness" usual "success story" of rags to riches be the "palengkera" type showing of "untoward" behavior take a serious role i.e. action star, leading actress in a serious romantic movie with Piolo as leading actor. incongruence with societal expectations and demands It all boils down to this... An icon can only become an icon if fits the taste of its consumers, mass society.