Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Concurrent Programming in Java
Transcript of Concurrent Programming in Java
"Threads are a basic ingredient of life"
Once upon a time...
by Paulo Pereira, Feature Team J,
Care to dance?
Threads and beyond
The next frontier
"Practice yourself, for heaven's sake, in little things; and thence proceed to greater.", Epitectus
Please, do abuse of our patience!
Don't be shy, and remember Alan Greenspan's notorious words:
'I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."
what is it about?
how to identify hazards?
how to address it?
data access or control?
how to build synchronizers?
what do we have?
where can I get one?
how to spot them?
can I use something else?
what about performance?
what are the main issues?
is it really worth it?