Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Energy-
Insulator - a material that is poor at conducting heat (ex. wood, air)
Forms of Energy
1. mechanical energy- energy of movement
2. chemical energy - energy stored in the bonds of
3. electrical energy - energy of moving
-a measure of the average kinetic energy (motion of the molecules) of a substance
The process in which one
kind of energy changes into another.
Heat always moves from hot
(fast moving particles) to
(slow moving particles).
Could a block of ice have more thermal energy than a pot of water?
Energy isn't lost, it is conserved
(neither created nor destroyed).
the ability to move or change matter
Thermal energy -
-the total kinetic energy of a substance
Kinetic energy - moving energy
Potential energy - energy that is stored in an object
4. Thermal Energy (heat energy) - energy of moving atoms
Others: Sound, electromagnetic, nuclear energy
Yes! The block of ice could have more thermal energy if the block of ice had a much greater mass than the mass of the boiling water