Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Holocaust Denial
The Irving Trial
How will you be assessed.
Marks will be giving for:
The quality of evidence.
The relevance of the evidence.
The quality of your explanation of your evidence.
The strength of your argument refuting Irving's claims.
The presentation of your portfolio.
Your final task
In the year 2000:
David Irving, a controversial historian, sued Deborah Lippstadt, for claiming he was a holocaust denier in her book.
He said he could not be a holocaust denier as the holocaust did not happen
1. There was no firm evidence that the Nazis
to kill the Jewish population of Europe.
2. There was no firm evidence that
ordered the slaughter of 6 million Jews.
3. There is no firm evidence that Jews were killed in
What you need to do.
Lippstadt effectively had to prove that the holocaust did happen and that Irving was wrong.
I want you to act as Lippstadt's lawyers and collect a portfolio of evidence.
points Irving made and use the evidence in your portfolio to make a case against Irving.