Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of pal·imp·sest
something reused or altered but still bearing visible traces of its earlier form.
And with the text removed to just see the inconsistent spacing.
One thing the Kindle iPhone app gets wrong: it justified the type, creating huge gaps in the flow of the text. Do you know any type nerds that would read this?
Rivers of Type
With the spacing between words highlighted.
You'll also find postmodern and contemporary works that are deliberate palimpsests, sometimes with the word in the title to bring associated ideas - of age, re-use and layering, hidden qualities, changed meaning and layers of meaning - to the viewer's mind. Sometimes this use of erasing, scraping and layering can have a deeply metaphorical context, and at other times is used in a more superficial way to create the impression of age and history.
Students will take the idea of a "palimpsest" to create
a work of design. Works must exhibit an idea from the following graphic:
Ideas may be physically or chemically created