Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
American expansion- Philippines
Transcript of American expansion- Philippines
During the 1890's-1910 America was becoming known as a world power. In 1898 America defeted Spain in Cuba and in the Philippines, America gained the Philipiens, Puerto Rico, and other islands on from the Spainish. But, the filipino people had been fighting in a revolution, and the last thing they wanted was to be taken over by an imperialst country.
Why did America want to expand into The Philippines?
* The raw materials in the Philippens would provide base nessecisites to factories
* Raw material such as Bamboo was used
* It was a conflict between imperialist and nationalist.
* America wanted an overseas empire, the Filippino people wanted their freedom.
*the Philipiens was once ruled by spain, in 1896 a reviolution broke out in the islands, this lasted for 2 years until the Filipino poeple considered themselves allies with the Americans.