Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Uranium
What is Uranium?
Uranium is an element (U.) It was discovered in 1789 by Martin Klaproth, a German chemist, in the mineral called pitchblende. It was named after the planet (Face palm) Uranus, which had been discovered eight years earlier by William Herschel. Uranium can be found in seawater but also near earths crust.
What does Uranium look Like
Uranium is a solid rock that is pretty tough but as you can see it is smooth on the edges but in some cases very rocky and bumpy
What is it used for?
Uranium is a great source of power for nuclear generators and other things like that
Where is Uranium Mined?
The most used Uranium mines are in Kazakhstan, Canada, and Australia. Most of the Uranium from Australia comes from south Australia and from East of there
How much does Uranium cost?
In the USA Uranium goes for $115
per kilogram which adds up to $8.69 per gram. But know because Uranium is going illigal the price is going up