Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Canada's Interactions with the Global Community
Transcript of Canada's Interactions with the Global Community
Typhoon in the Philippines
Think about your morning routine
What happened before you came to school?
In what ways has Canada responded to natural disasters in the past?
How should Canada
respond to this?
Links to Social Studies
People and Environments: Canada's Interactions with the Global Community
Grade 6: Strand B
investigate some global issues of political, social, economic and/or environmental importance, their impact on the global community, and responses to the issues
formulate questions to guide investigations into global issues
gather and organize information on global issues using a variety of resources and various technologies
CLOSE YOUR EYES
What did you hear?
What did you see?
What do you know?
In what ways do global environment disasters impact the local community?
Whole group discussion about Typhoon Haiyan
Provide students opportunity to research the details and gather evidence
* non-fiction books about natural disasters
* newspaper articles and archives
* internet research
How does Typhoon Haiyan impact our local community?
Global issues require global action.
What can we do as a class within our local community to make an impact globally?
Agatha Mycek, Kali Singer, Rebecca Freedman, Victoria Varvaro