Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Benefits of Youth Sports
Transcript of Benefits of Youth Sports
- recognizing and respecting the diversity and individuality of others.
- Participating in community service leadership roles and/or school activities.
- Mastering technology as a means of communication.
Mr. Jim Curtis
North Providence Youth Basketball Association board member
School to Career Coordinator
What are the benefits of youth sports?
Youth sports teams teach life skills that are imperative to a child's overall growth into a successful individual.
Respect and Responsibility
Sportsmanship and Comradery
needs of the team
contribute and respect abilities
Winning, Losing, and Positive Attitudes
learn from successes/failures
pursue excellence, not perfection
balancing school and sports
fewer discipline problems
healthy body, healthy mind
reduces health risks
Athletes have higher GPA's than non athletes
The key to developing positive character traits and life values...
difference between what is taught with the junior girls compared to senior girls.
Actually seeing the girls progress-basketball skills, listening skills, learning from mistakes, better attitude, HAVING FUN!
*shooting in the wrong basket
*showing up late to the game
CCRI-transfer to RIC
pursue coaching students/my own kids