Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Instagram in the Classroom
Transcript of Instagram in the Classroom
An online photo sharing, video sharing, and social networking service that enables its users to take pictures and videos, apply digital filters, and share them on a variety of social networking services.
Show case a students work.
Capture what you learned from your field trip.
Using school knowledge to complete a scavenger hunt
4 Ways to Use Instagram in the Classroom
Use for Math by having students take photos of items demonstrating certain concepts like parallel lines, symmetry, angles, etc.
For Science, students can be asked to post photos of certain types of animals, plants, ecosystems, an element, acids, etc.
For English/Language Arts, students can be asked to take photos of their favorite books, characteristics of the character, setting, etc.
Have the students use hashtags specific to your classroom and project so that you and your students can easily find photos applicable to certain projects.
Share reading recommendation
5 Meaningful Charartistics of Learning
ISTE Standards for Teachers
ISTE Standards for Students
"Connecting Students through Instagram." YouTube. YouTube, 22 Feb. 2013. Web. 12 Mar. 2014.
1. Facilitate and inspire student learning and creativity
2. Design and develop digital age learning experiences and assessments
3. Model digital age work and learning
4. Promote and model digital citizenship and responsibility
5. Engage in professional growth and leadership
"How to Use Instagram for IPhone or Android." YouTube. YouTube, 27 Apr. 2012. Web. 12 Mar. 2014.
"Mommy Testers: How to Print Instagram Photos and Banish Mom Travel Guilt." Mommy Testers: How to Print Instagram Photos and Banish Mom Travel Guilt. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Mar. 2014.
"10 Instagram Photos Around Costa Rica." The Travel Bite. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Mar. 2014.
"Cassie Wood." INK361. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Mar. 2014.
"Ms.M's Blog: Insta, Instagram in the Classroom." Ms.M's Blog: Insta, Instagram in the Classroom. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Mar. 2014.
Voting Next Steps and Tips." 10 Ways to Use Instagram in the Classroom. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Mar. 2014.
"How To Use Instagram In The Classroom." Edudemic. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Mar. 2014.
1.Creativity and innovation
2.Communication and collaboration
3.Research and information fluency
4.Critical thinking, problem solving,
and decision making
6.Technology operations and concepts