Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Rising Star Contract Signing Day
Transcript of Rising Star Contract Signing Day
Congratulations Rising Star
Class of 2016
What Exactly is Rising Star?
Rising Star provides qualified high school graduates with academic support services and up to $4,000 for tuition and books
DCCCD Rising Star Program Requirements
* Career Services
* Office of Student Life
- Club and student organizations
* Professional Counseling
* Study Groups/Tutoring
* Financial Aid Assistance
* University Transfer Information Days/Sessions
* Fitness for Staff and Students is FREE! (w/MVC ID)
Can I Lose My Scholarship?
Yes! Examples can include if you...
* Violate DCCCD's Student Code of Conduct
* Do not adhere to DCCCD Rising Star Contract
How Long Am I Considered a "Rising Star"?
Once a Rising Star Always a Rising Star!
(some exceptions may apply)
Rising Star Funds will expire after 3 years
Class of 2016 students have Rising Star Funds available beginning Fall 2016 until Summer 2019
As a Rising Star Student You Can...
Be a part time or full time student
- Part time: 1 -11 credit hours
- Full time: 12 credit hours or more
* Rising Star students are not required to be full time students.
Apply and receive outside scholarships
- Religious Organizations
- Local Businesses
- Community Service
- DCCCD Foundation
Enroll in Winter, May or Summer Courses
- Flex term
- Fast Track
* 3 - 4 weeks long (unless otherwise noted)
* Must register during regular registration in order for RS funds to transmit
Complete HDEV 0092 or EDUC 1300 with a "C" or better no later than Summer 2017
Meet Financial Aid SAP Requirements
* 67 % course completion rate
* G.P.A 1 = 2.0 +
G.P.A 1 vs. G.P.A 2
GRADE POINT AVERAGE
GPA1 - ALL DCCCD HRS:
GPA2 - DCCCD COLLEGE LEVEL HRS:
GPA1 - DCCCD HRS ATT: 76 GPA2 - DCCCD HRS ATT: 70
TEC, Section 51.907 DROPS
Exempt based on course work prior to Fall 2007
Complete a FAFSA
- Paper FAFSA (non-citizens)
- Online FAFSA (U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents)
*Deferred Action Applicants are still required to complete a paper FAFSA.
* Rising Star funds are "funds of last resort" (back up to your financial aid)
- Fall 2016
*If you are unable to attend (extenuating circumstances), please contact Mrs. Lorena to discuss your options.
* Meet with Mrs. Lorena in order to create a Curriculum Plan (September) - failure to do so can result in a delay in future registration
* Must provide a copy of registration summary (class schedule) to Mrs. Lorena in order for Rising Star funds to transmit
- Online student registration is highly encouraged (if eligible) however must provide a copy to Mrs. Lorena
Where do I go to get my MVC ID?
- Office of Student Life (S-1032)
- Must have a
receipt in order to receive a DCCCD student ID
- First DCCCD ID is FREE!
* There will be a replacement fee if lost
Contract Signing Day!
Program Services Coordinator
Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
* Appointments are preferred*
Student Success Club
Picture ID is
in order to receive services
Remember to use your financial aid funds to purchase your books first not....
* Can I use my Rising Star award at a non-DCCCD school?
-No, you many not transfer the Rising Star Award to another individual or college/university outside of DCCCD.
* Do I have to re-apply for Rising Star every year?
-No, once you have been approved there is no need to re-apply.
* If my financial aid paid for my classes and books, can I use my RS for something else?
-No, RS funds are to be used specifically for tuition and books only- students do not have direct access to RS funds.
* What happens to the RS money that I don't use?
- It "expires" after your three year term limit
* Can I take classes here and at a university?
- Yes, however RS funds will not transmit and you will become a transient student - no longer eligible to use RS funds.
Where can I use the Rising Star (RS) award?