Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Recasting our Youth
Bob Lewison 28 January 2016
Transcript of Recasting our Youth
Love, Listen, Learn & Teach
No one can live long under watchful care without being "caught" making mistakes.
Describe behavior in life context
Help caregivers understand them as well
Give the youth this different perspective
Act and respond to the youth based on this new perspective
The real youth
Recasting our youth
initial assessments as recommended by AACAP/CWLA Policy Statement on Mental Health
care giver reports
other diagnostic reports
Tasks of Adolescence
Using new measures
Use only the languge of
To describe the youth to himself & others
Stages of grief
New roles, different measures