Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The State in Comparative Politics
Transcript of The State in Comparative Politics
Question: Has globalization
undermined the power of the state?
If any person in a group consumes the
good, "it cannot be feasibly withheld from other
members of that group." -Mancur Olson,
"The Logic of Collective Action
Examples of public goods
Strong and Weak States
Not a measure
in the economy
of the state to keep order, provide
public goods and implement policy
of state institutions
Where public order collapses
and central state institutions (i.e. police,
military, bureaucracy, schools) "melt away"
What does the state do?
Ability of state to
The State in