Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
English Shakespeare Language
Transcript of English Shakespeare Language
William Shakespeare introduced over words in the English language we use today, when he was stuck on a words.
William used over 7,000 words, only once in all his plays!
Why do most people admire his work?
How are we learning from him?
How did Shakespeare inspire people?
Also, Shakespeare used
(swagger) Flowery Prose.
Invented SWAG .
a form of
'The Blank Verse' was when people used Iambic Pentameter. (Pronounced eye- am -bik pen- tam -uh-ture).
In more depth
"To be, or not to be: that is the question".
- Hamlet (Act III, Scene I).
Better, alive or dead.
"O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo?"
. -Romeo and Juliet (Act II, Scene II).
Why do you have to be Romeo?
"There 's daggers in men's smiles".-
Macbeth (Act II, Scene III).
Men will smile with daggers
The course of true love never did run smooth".
- A Midsummer Night's Dream. (Act I, Scene I).
"Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears; I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him".
Julius Caesar- (Act III, Scene II).
Friends, Romans, countrymen, give me your attention. I have come here to bury Caesar, not to praise him.