Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Propaganda Techniques
1960s Youth Revolt
North Korea, Afghanistan and Iraq etc.
"Yes We Can!"- Obama
"to reproduce or multiply"
Examples of Propaganda
Common Propaganda Techniques
Mass Marketing to Subculture
How was it spread to the people?
Noun: Use of carefully considered words and/or images used to influence opinions, emotions, attitudes, and behavior. Can be biased or misleading.
Mass Marketing to a Subculture
Targets a smaller group of people within the main culture
Difference between Propaganda, Argument & Persuasion
- search for truth
- promoting a postion BUT rooted in the truth
- promoting a position- may
Uses images of athletic females representing both beauty and power
What brands can you think of that use this technique?
Use of ordinary people to gain confidence and trust.
Some brands go so far as to use incorrect grammar to be "relatable."
If you show an image repeatedly, people will remember. If you say something over and over, people will believe.
Factual supporting details are used but do not support the conclusion.
Red-herring (irrelevant info)
Simplifies or personifies products of a technical nature
Using regular language to make technology more accessible
Promotes an elite mentality; causes you to feel you are exceptional if you participate
Moments/events shared by a large number of people