Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Independent Reading, Response Journals and Foldables -- IRF
Transcript of Independent Reading, Response Journals and Foldables -- IRF
VS Silent Reading Builds Effective Reading Process
Increase the Amount of Reading
Increase Ownership and Commitment to Reading
Broadens Literary Experiences
Develops Responsibility for Reading
Encourages Personal Connections
Teaches Collaboration A Plan
Books (Classroom Library)
Reading Response Journals Reading
Response Journals http://vimeo.com/16539073 Independent
interactive graphic organizers. What Do
You Need? Fountas & Pinnell Systematic Way of guiding and supporting students as they read on their own. Practice
what you've been
Systematically organize learning.
Use both their visual and linguistic intelligences.
Take ownership of their work. They Help Students... Pgs. 2-14
Pgs. 36 ...
CD in the Back Book Walk Examples Exploration With a partner(s)...
1. Select a book from the table.
2. Use a Response Prompt.
3. Explore the Notebook Foldables Book.
4. Use the materials.
5. Create a Notebook Foldable to share with the group. + = Next Steps 1. Reflect on your staff and previous experiences.
2. Decide with whom you are going to share this information.
3. Share the information.
4. Discuss with your DLT Support Person during their next visit or at the next Coaches/Contact Meeting.
Misc. Aids (i.e. Genre Overview) The
Tab 3-2-1 Three things you learned.
Two questions you have
One thing you will share at your school tomorrow. http://www.wrsd.net/literacy/launch.cfm Books
(Classroom Library) http://bcove.me/pppu6he0 A Plan What is Intentional