Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Take Back The Tap
Transcript of Take Back The Tap
1. Educate and raise awareness for customers about the issues surrounding bottled water.
2. Have our shops becomes REFILL stations by ensuring that all of our shops have clean, safe drinking water.
3. Promote eco-friendly alternatives to encourage staff and customers to STOP purchasing bottled water.
4. Raise funds and awareness for grassroots organizations that work on water issues.
5. Pledge to make all LUSH work and meeting spaces bottled water free.
- Pollution & Waste
- Plastic: Harmful to Health
- Resource Intensive / Energy & Water
- Privatization of Public Resources
- Water is a basic HUMAN RIGHT
What Can You Do to Help?
- Just say NO to Bottled Water (Just Like Drugs!!!).
- Carry a reusable bottle everywhere you go and choose tap water whenever possible.
- Start a Bottled Water Ban in your community, work or school.
-Become educated about you local water supply and how you can protect it.
- Ask your government to invest in public water infrastructure.
- Support organizations and community groups that are working on this issue or actively campaign to Ban Bottle Water.
Lush is a Water Bottle FREE Zone!
july 27 - august 9
Pollution & Waste
Plastics Harmful to Health
All those bottles
- The manufacturing of water bottles can release harmful chemicals
- Most plastic bottles are made of polyethylene terephthalate (PET) ~ Recent studies have shown that reusing bottles made of PET can in fact be dangerous. PET was found to break down over time and leach into the beverage when the bottles were reused. The toxin DEHA also appeared in the water sample from reused water bottles. DEHA has been shown to cause liver problems, other possible reproductive difficulties, and is suspected to cause cancer in humans.
Basic Human Right
Privatization of Natural
What Lush Is Doing to Help!
Brief - Informative - Accurate
1. Get in groups of two.
2. One person is a customer and the other is a Lush Ambassador.
3. Each will take turns being the Lush Ambassador and explaining why Lush has decided to Take Back The Tap?
4. Remember: be
5. 5 min exercise: 2.5 min per person.
Plastic Bottle Production
Transportation of bottles
Transportation of H20
Transportation to selling location
Transportation to dump
Sourcing oil for Plastic Production
1 BILLION people lack access to clean, safe drinking water ~ the bottled water industry continues to increase this number.
Its estimated by scientists, based on current drought trends, by 2030 ~ 2/3 of the world will be in the same situation.
Access to water should not be determined by those whom have the $$$ to pay for it ~ Bottling and Selling water should NOT be part of that equation.
- Only 1% of ALL water on Earth is drinkable.
- Bottle water companies (Nestle, Coca Cola, Pepsi) are trying to purchase community water ways (lakes, rivers, streams) for the use in bottled water production.
- This means: monopoly and privatization over natural water ways. Allowing them the total control of pricing and quality.
Non-Profit Organization focused on the protecting and preserving marine habitats for sea turtles through plastic clean up efforts and encourages the community to choose to not use any single use plastic products.
Connects academics and science with action oriented groups, to foster citizen-based water stewardship while building connections between water quality, resource sustainability, climate change and biodiversity.
Creates grassroots community engagement to secure and protect water sources while advocating progressive water policy that empowers individuals to be water educated. 4Rs: Refuse, Reuse, Reduce, Recycle
Remember: When the customer purchases a water bottle, they get to choose which non-profit they would like their purchase to support! Don't forget to ask!