Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of ALS
How It spreads
Have you ever heard of the baseball player named Lou Gehrig? He had a disease called ALS or( Anisotropic Lateral Sclerosis). This is a horrible disease that slowly shuts down the body.
Spreading of ALS are weakness in the muscles and joints. The disease slowly spreads to the muscles. It soon spreads to the lungs. In 3 to 5 years the victims are dead because their respiratory system has shut down and can't breath.
So far scientists have made no progress
in stopping this disease. But the have made a
drug that slows but does not stop the disease.
The drug gives the victim 3 to 5 more years
If you are wealthy enough to buy
the drug and a ventilation machine 10% have been able to live 10 years. But the drug only stops the slowing until a state when it does not help anymore and the disease shuts the body down
Some day neuroscientists will find a cure for this disease that tears your body apart. In the meantime, help support the ALS Foundation by participating in the Ice Bucket challenge and the walk for the cure.