Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Food Inc.
- genetic mutations of chickens, corn, and soybeans are all for the profit of the food industry
- statistics of Americans that are predicted to have diabetes in the future
- comparison of food industry from 1970 to 2008
- large companies (Tyson/Monsanto) declining interviews shows they have something to hide
- Consumers ultimately control the market Appeal Ethos - food engineers experimenting with corn products
- investigative journalists
- real time farmers and employees of businesses such as Monsanto
- National Chicken Council
- video evidence Appeal Pathos - story of 3 year old Kevin dying from E. coli.
- repulsive footage of slaughterhouses and how the animals are treated
- farmers being forced into debt by large meat industries as a result of refusing to conform
- minorities that do not have the financial stability to provide healthy food for their family
- exploitation of workers
- seeing the government promote laws and acts that are not beneficial to consumers and deny them of basic rights Repetition: meat companies declining to be interviewed for the film Hyperbole: corn conquering the world with it's uses Extended metaphor: corporate titans (large meat companies) Irony: immigrants are getting illegally smuggled into U.S. by large companies to work and end up getting deported. People calling the shots are not suffering any consequences