Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Mind Map
Magnetic Field due to a Current carrying Circular Coil
Properties of Magnets
Magnetic Field & Lines of Force
Magnetic Field due to a Straight Conductor
Like Poles repel & Opposite Poles attract
Poles exist in pairs
Faraday's First Law: Whenever there is change in the lines of force linked with a conductor, an emf is induced in the conductor, as long as the change lasts.
Electric Motor: Converts Electric energy into Mechanical
Dynamo: Converts Mechanical energy into Electricity.
If an observer, looking at the face of coil, finds the current in the anti-clockwise direction, the face of the coil behaves like North pole. For a clockwise current orientation, the face acts like South pole.
Salient features of Magnetic Field of a Solenoid:
1. A solenoid carrying current behaves like a bar magnet.
2. The magnetic field is uniform inside a Solenoid.
3. Near the solenoid, the magnetic field is more than that at a distance.
4. The intensity of magnetic field of a current carrying solenoid can be increased.
A Solenoid is an electrical device consisting of a coil of insulated wire wound around a cylinder whose diameter is less compared to its length.
Properties of Magnetic Lines of Force:
1. Magnetic lines of force are crowded near the poles where the field is strongest and are far apart where the field is weak.
2. The lines start from the North Pole and end at South pole outside the magnet.
3. The lines do not intersect.
4. The lines are closed and continuous.
The space around a magnet in which any other magnet or certain metals experience a force, is called a magnetic field.
Parts of an Electric Bell:
1. A Horse-shoe Electromagnet
2. Soft iron armature
3. Metallic Spring Strip
4. Contact Adjusting Screw
5. Hammer & Gong
6. Switch (Push Button)
7. A Battery
Electromagnet is a temporary, powerful magnet.
3. Electrical appliancs
Strength can be increased by
1. increasing number of turns of the wire
2. increasing the power supply
Properties of Magnetic Lines of Force around a Straight Conductor:
1. The lines are in the form of concentric circles near the straight conducting wire.
2. The plane of the lines is perpendicular to the plane of the straight conductor.
3. If the direction of the current in the wire is reversed, the direction of lines of force is also reversed.
4. On increasing the strength of current in the conducting wire, the number of lines around it increases.
If the conductor is held in the right hand with the fingers curled around it, and the thumb points in the direction of the current, then the curled fingers show the direction of the magnetic field.
our physics teacher
20 marks' TEST tomorrow on Elec & Mag !!!