Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Transformational Ministry
#1) Mother who models the faith
#2) Father who models the faith
#3) Regular dialog w/ mother
#4) Regular dialog w/ father
#5) Regular dialog w/other adult
#6) Regular Bible reading/devotions
#7) Experience service with parent as action of faith. Luke 10:38-42
Mary and Martha Acts 6:1-7
Food and the Word James 2:14-17
Faith and Deeds Back to ministry: what is ministry?
Is ministry transformational, informational, …?
ministry, service; contribution, help, support; mission
serve, wait on; care for, see after, provide for
Generic def 1 tim 4:11 More specific Acts 6:1
2 Corinthians 9:12
2 Corinthians 8:4 Are adolescents basically the same as they were 30 years ago except with a different style of clothing, or is there something fundamentally different?
Give evidence to support your claim.
Chap Clark, p. 46
p. 171 The only qualification an adult needs is the willingness and fortitude to authentically care. Once this foundation is laid, adults can focus on the three specific needs of midadolescents:
1) Youth need refocused, nurturing organizations and programs.
2) Youth need stable and secure loving presence.
3) Youth need to experience authentic, intimate relationships with adults.
Research has consistently demonstrated that several positive and supportive relationships that offer the same messages must be present to have an effect on the life of a child. If a child has a mentor who is gentle, supportive, and affirming during a weekly encounter, yet the rest of the week he hears that he is lazy, stupid, and incompetent, the negative voices will win out. One fan, even a great one, is not enough.
How are we Mary or Martha in the church? How are you Mary or Martha in the lives of your children, co-workers? What What What What does this mean for S.S., confirmation, youth ministry? Ministry in Action Apply to everyone 22 and under in the congregation