Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Integument Disorder-Shingles
that causes chicken pox
called varicella. The virus never goes away
but remains dormant until
something triggers it. Possible triggers can be...
Emotional stress.. Immune Deficiancy..
and cancer. a skin rash that is like chicken
pox but can be painfull
Symptoms are... a burning pain and sensative skin
before the rash appears... small blisters forming 3-5 days... area of blisters form a band
along the nerves in the area. Only one area of nerves are affected... once the blisters form they will pop
and start to ooze. this process takes about 3-4 weeks sometimes you will be unable
to see the affected area...
...and yet still have the pain. Areas of where this can occur
can be where you had chickenpox Treatment... medication such as... acyclovir (zovirax) Valacyclovir (valtrex)
and famciclovir (famvir) The area should also be kept
clean. And have lotion applied.