Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Facebook as a Heterotopia
Transcript of Facebook as a Heterotopia
2. Exists with a non-hegemonic structure
3. Has elements of inaccessibility or isolation
4. Timeline feature allows us to see developments over time
5. Always relates back to physical reality, yet the fabricated nature of the environment never lets you forget the site is a sort of illusion The Newsfeed "A space that juxtaposes other spaces" Accessibility and Inaccessability Within A Non-Hegemonic Structure A Heterotopia of Time Facebook as Illusion Kayla Goggin
Charlie Stravinsky Bibliography "Heterotopian Studies." Heterotopian Studies.
http://www.heterotopiastudies.com/ (accessed February 11, 2013). Foucault, Michel. "Michel Foucault, Of Other Spaces
(1967), Heterotopias.." Michel Foucault, info. Repository of texts, resources for research.. http://foucault.info/documents/heteroTopia/foucault.heteroTopia.en.html (accessed February 10, 2013).