Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Multiplication and Division with the Scientific Method
Transcript of Multiplication and Division with the Scientific Method
How to multiply
To multiply two numbers in scientific notation, simply multiply the numbers out front and add the exponents.
How to divide
To divide two numbers, simply divide the numbers out front and subtract the exponents.
1) The speed of light is 3 x 10^8 meters/second. If the sun is 1.5x 10^11 meters from Earth, how many seconds does it take light to reach the earth?
2) Mordor has an area of approximately 2.3x10^4 km^2. In each square kilometer there are around 3x10^2 people, how many people are in Mordor?
3) A person blinks more or less 2x10^3 times per day.
Considering that a year has 3.65x10^2 days, how many blinks will the person do in 2x10^1 years?
5) Stephanie is going to buy 3x102 balls every month for 2x103 months. After this time, she will break 4x102 every month, in how many months is she going to break all the balls?
4) Nydia has 9x10^8 million dollars. In Christmas, she is going to divide her money in equal parts between 3x10^7 people. How much money will each person receive?